A guide to the 2019 York Walls Festival App.
NEW FOR 2019 is a phone APP with a Children’s Quest, Adult Tour, News and Food options!
The York Walls Festival APP, created by Yorgame, consists of quests and tours which takes you on a trip around the Walls back to Medieval York! The APP has features such as 3D models, time traveller images, added audio, a quiz, a map and a great amount of interesting information about the Walls; ALL FOR FREE!
Download the APP now!
(Needs android 6.0+ (2015 onwards) or iPhone 5S and up.)
The APP will be available to use all year round!
- Download the APP ‘York Walls Festival’ from either the App Store (iPhone) or the Google Play Store (Android)
- Open the APP and enter your email (your email may go to your ‘junk’ inbox so don’t forget to check in there).
- You will receive an email, click the link in the email to confirm your email address.
- You’re good to go – explore the APP, check out the food options, the news and choose whether you want to complete the Children’s Quest or the Adult Tour.
- The Children’s Quest starts from Multangular Tower in Museum Garden and takes 1-2 hours to complete.
- The Adult Tour begins at Fishergate Postern Tower and takes 1-2 hours to complete.
- When you have chosen your preferred option click ‘start tour’ and follow the on screen instructions!
- You cannot access the information on the tour until you physically visit that place! (The image below is what you will see when you have unlocked the information by visiting the place).